Samantha Who?

Samantha Who? has recently become a favorite TV show of mine. At first, I began watching it because of the name. Any show with my name in the title is just begging to be watched. In the show, the title character has been hit by a car and has amnesia. At first she doesn't remember her family, friends, occupation, or where she lives, and so on.

Today, I feel I have much more in common with the character than just having the same moniker. It appears I have lost part of my memory.

In preparation for sandal weather, I painted my toenails last week. Yesterday, I looked down at my toes – which had previously all been painted a cheery shade of coral – and my middle and ring toes on my right foot were completely void of nail polish.

Wait…what? I did a double take. All the paint was gone. Not even a speck of color remained. The rest of my toes still looked as if I had painted them minutes before. I began thinking back to the previous days to try to recall a reason for this strange phenomenon. Not a single explanation came to mind. I felt as if I were in the middle of a Sherlock Holmes mystery – “The Case of the Two Paintless Toes."

How did this happen? Had I been hit by a car and developed amnesia? I didn’t think so. But then again, how could I be sure? Well, for one thing, I hadn’t woken up yesterday in a hospital bed. That was reassuring. But the lack of a reason for my two naked toes still left an empty feeling inside, like I should be remembering how it happened, but couldn't.

Maybe I’ve just gotten my TV shows mixed up. Maybe I’m more like Samantha from “Bewitched,” and my crazy Aunt Clara botched one of her spells, causing my two toes to be zapped clean.

Who knows? But if anyone has any clues that would help solve this mystery, please contact me immediately.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum